Can 5000 Years of Collective Experiences Be Wrong?
If you want to follow one particular path to live a balanced life then perhaps ‘yoga’ is the only solution you can opt for. Since time immemorial, human species on earth have been reaping the benefits of this ancient practice originated in the ashrams of sages in India. Yoga is not just a form of physical exercise, but an all-encompassing religion of disciplined practices for sound and healthy living. This ancient practice has many divisions and every division focuses on different key areas of mind, body, and soul. ‘Hatha Yoga’ is one search form that is believed to target the physical exercises or asanas to build up the body muscles and to make your body more flexible so as to let the different energies flow smoothly through the body.
Being a practitioner of yoga, I have seen many other practitioners just blindly following their yoga teachers without gaining much insight. But it is always wise to have a profound knowledge about anything you are into. So here are the secrets you need to know before being a Hatha Yoga practitioner.
1. Perfecting the poses and postures are not the final aim of Hatha Yoga, that would make it just another form of gymnastics. You need to give it your undivided attention, need to absorb it with your body and soul.
2. This point is especially important for beginners who have just started to learn and practice yoga poses. Discomfort can occur initially, but you need to judge the intensity level of the pain. If it crosses the edge, stop doing it immediately.
3. Obviously, there will be stunning performers in your class, but if your eyes keep on admiring those brilliant yoga practitioners for hours then your chance of reaching that level will touch zero soon. Hence instead of feeling low about your own performance, keep practicing.
4. In Hatha Yoga, breathing plays a vital role. Instructors often give out strict breathing orders to follow. But what matters is to continue a smooth breathing pattern. It should be rhythmic all throughout your session. Not too fast, not too slow, or not too fluctuating is the norm.
5. Hatha Yoga teaches how to bring balance in life when you are too stressed out or strained. Actually, strain is intense stress that body cannot deal with anymore. Quick shallow breathing is the sign of strain in body. No matter what the situation is, apply effort to bring back that smooth rhythmic pattern back to your breathing and you will soon feel normal and relaxed.
6. Breathing, movement, and postures are the three important aspects of any fitness activity. The same rule goes here too. But these three aspects are linked together by a thread. If one is stunted, the whole effort will stunt. So divide your attention equally among them to get the best result of your Hatha Yoga practice.
7. Hatha Yoga is the most coveted branch of yoga among athletes as one does not have to worry about any compensatory after-finish activities to let the body system slow down. It is itself a complete process perfect for athletes.
8. This particular form of yoga is also the best solution for those who cannot take part in any other physical activities and also cannot find a yoga teacher around. As Hatha yoga is mostly about physical postures, one can easily learn it from online videos or reading a few guidebooks.
9. If you think that only flexible people can do Hatha yoga then you are terribly wrong. Flexibility is the by-product of Hatha yoga. You need to go deep in it to gain that flexibility.
10. Best stress buster you can learn from a Hatha yoga class: after every three hours, practice the breathing exercise that you have learnt. Do this for just one minute and you will feel the magic.
Yogasync Me! Try this Moderate Hatha Yoga Practice to feel more flexible in less than an hour: